openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Shubbis <marius.jo...@broadpark.no>
Subject RE: Slow performance with OpenJPA when selecting from a ManyToMany relation.
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:05:17 GMT

Since we decided to go with vanilla installations of alle the frameworks we
have not added the connection pool feature to OpenJPA, until now.

The results are sadly not that great. Yes, it's faster and it doesn't run
out of connections like before, BUT it's still 3, yes, -three- times slower
than Hibernate, EclipseLink, iBatis and regular JDBC when persisting
entities with many relations.

Clearly this is not the kind of results I was hoping for and I'm quite
perplexed as to what to do.

Shubbis