openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Shubbis <marius.jo...@broadpark.no>
Subject Re: Slow performance with OpenJPA when selecting from a ManyToMany relation.
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:07:56 GMT

Todays update, for those who are interested. ;)

I've uninstalled all JRE, JDK, SDK etc all java dirs have been deleted and
I've reinstalled everything (related to java) and downloaded Eclipse
Ganymede, I installed the latest nightly build of OpenJPA and made a fresh
new project, I even copied the project from home and imported it, still no
luck with the resulting time.

Now, here's the kicker. I exported to a runnable jar file and ran it on a
Debian linux server, the same one that runs our MySQL server, and it took 5~
sec. to complete 500 iterations. So half the time, but still not close to
good enough..

I just don't get it!

Anything..?

Shubbis