openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Shubbis <marius.jo...@broadpark.no>
Subject Re: Slow performance with OpenJPA when selecting from a ManyToMany relation.
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:56:00 GMT

Hi again,

Thanks for your patience and I am sorry for the late reply, but we are only
stationed at the offices three days a week.

I must admit i don't understand what you mean by test harness. If you could
explain i will gladly post it.

In the meantime I have created a new project and added OpenJPA capabilities
to this one in hopes of discovering what the problem is, but alas I did not.
My new project is of a much simpler setup, it consists of the following
files.

Main class for running simple test:
		EntityManagerFactory factory =
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("OpenJPAPU", System.getProperties());
		EntityManager em = factory.createEntityManager();
		OpenJPAEntityManager o = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(em);

		WearhouseDAO wd = new WearhouseDAO();
		long starttid = System.currentTimeMillis();
		for(int i = 1; i <= 500; i++){
			Wearhouse w = wd.findById(o, i);
//			System.out.println(w.getWearhouseName());
		}
		System.out.println(System.currentTimeMillis() - starttid);
	}

Wearhouse Entity class (same as before)
WearhouseDAO class using the following method:
	public Wearhouse findById(OpenJPAEntityManager o, Integer id) {
		try {
			Wearhouse instance = o.find(Wearhouse.class, id);
			return instance;
		} catch (RuntimeException re) {
			throw re;
		}
	}

Storagecategory Entity class (same as before)
StoragecategoryDAO class using the following method:
	public Storagecategory findById(OpenJPAEntityManager o, Integer id) {
		try {
			Storagecategory instance = o.find(Storagecategory.class, id);
			return instance;
		} catch (RuntimeException re) {
			throw re;
		}
	}

The database is still MySQL and this time I've let OpenJPA build the schema.

No difference in the resulting time..

Thanks for reading,

Shub