openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Targa <de...@bodnar.ws>
Subject Why doesn't unpacked openjpa works like packed openjpa.jar?
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:48:25 GMT

Hello!
I'm using maven2 tool to build my OpenJPA application with embedded database
and run into strange OpenJPA behavior. What I want is just get JAR with all
dependencies included in unpacked form. So there is maven-assembly-plugin
used with <unpack>true</unpack> option. This actually creates big jar with
all *.class dependencies included.
When I try to run this jar, it doesn't work properly:
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(PERSISTENCE_UNIT, prop); returns
NULL. I thought there could be an issue with persistence.xml, but If I
manually include openjpa-persistence-1.2.0.jar to my package and add it to
classpath - everething works fine...
So I suppose there could be a problem with classloading (although I didn't
use any custom classloaders). I tryed to manually set up classloader before
call Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(PERSISTENCE_UNIT, prop); without
any success.

Please, tell me what's the problem? Why I can't just unzip
openjpa-*-1.2.0.jar and include *.class files in my JAR bundle? Is there any
trick I should know?

Thanks in advance to all!