openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Ram.sankar" <ram.6...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue in Handling persistent objects across multiple persistence contexts
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:40:47 GMT

Hi,

In my application i have a requirement that eventhough i change the values
of persistent objects available in the session directly using getter and
setter methods i have to save only the objects on which the
EntityManager.persist() is invoked explicitly. To resolve this problem we
maintain 2 managers one for read and another for write. I detach the object
from the read entity manager and merge the same with the write entity
manager before calling a persist().
The problem here is that OpenJPA is generating an insert query to save the
persistent object eventhough it exists in the table. This is giving me an
Unique constraint violated error. Is there anyway to tell OpenJPA to check
for the existence of record with same primary key before persisting. Any
help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ram