openjpa-users mailing list archives

From is_maximum <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject regarding StoreListener
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:02:40 GMT

Hi

First I don't know why there is no useful document on these sort of
listeners and how to use it.

Second after toiling I was able to find dirty fields and fire the pre-update
event. This is for a logging service we have to implement for our
application but now the problem is that if you want to listen to an
store-event (pre-update, pre-delete ...) you need to cast the em into
openjpa-em and then add your listener to it. First I did it in
@PostConstruct callback method but soon I found that this method will be
called once each time the container instantiate my stateless so after that
the listener won't work at all.

now I have implemented some save() update() and delete() method as DAO
interface and before each method I add this listener to.

The problem is that I think this way of adding listeners is not correct.
I've already used Hibernate and they have a simple XML file in which you can
simply define your desired listeners and they are guaranteed to work each
time a CRUD operation being applied
Is there anythink like that in OpenJPA or Do we need to open an issue in
JIRA and request such feature?

thanks