openjpa-users mailing list archives

From it-media.k...@daimler.com
Subject IO exception: Connection Reset on Websphere AS 6.1
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:00:21 GMT
Hello everybody,

I'm having some problems configuring openJPA inside the Websphere
Application Server 6.1. I'm optaining a EntityManager manually from the
EnitityManagerFactory, though it seems that after some time, the
connection is lost and I get the following exception when trying to access
data:

openjpa-1.0.3-SNAPSHOT-r420667:649224 nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Io exception:
Connection reset {prepstmnt 465836996 SELECT ....]} [code=17002,
state=08006]
    at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionary.newStoreException(DBDictionary.java:3951)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:97)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:83)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.SQLExceptions.getStore(SQLExceptions.java:59)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.SelectResultObjectProvider.handleCheckedException(SelectResultObjectProvider.java:155)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.EagerResultList.<init>(EagerResultList.java:40)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.toResult(QueryImpl.java:1223)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:990)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:842)
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:773)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingQuery.execute(DelegatingQuery.java:525)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:237)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:277)

My questions here are:

1. Is there a way to check ahead whether a connection is still valid and
existing?
2. Is there anything that can be configured to let JPA automatically check
for valid connections?
3. What would be the best way to reactivate a reset connection?

Thank you very much,

Heiko

If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received
this e-mail in error, and delete it. We thank you for your cooperation.