openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: No table was given for persistent type
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:07:49 GMT
Another relatively common way to get this error is if the classloader can't
load the OpenJPA product derivations. You should have
services/org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivation on the classpath.
That file should contain these entries (with a copy of the Apache license
between them):

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCProductDerivation
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceProductDerivation
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProductDerivation
org.apache.openjpa.slice.ProductDerivation

If the product derivations are missing OpenJPA won't pick up the default
table name for your entity class (actually more things are going wrong but
the table name is the most visible symptom).

HTH
-mike