openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Judes Tumuhairwe <judethecuted...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Schema Generation
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 04:14:32 GMT
Hi David,
What Martin suggested is right. Just add that *property* element to your
persistence-unit in your persistence.xml.

<properties>

value="buildSchema(SchemaAction=add,deleteTableContents,ForeignKeys=true)"
/>
</properties>

No, the properties don't have to appear is a specific order. It's not easy
to help you when all we have is "it doesn't seem to work". What version of
openJPA are you running, is there a stacktrace, a sample of your
persistence.xml, anything at all. Perhaps it is an integration issue.

I don't know where the documentation is either but I just googled 'openjpa
persistence.xml' & got a complete example of OpenJPA with H2 configuration
here [1]

Does anyone on else know the possible values [chapter 2 (Configuration) of
the manual on the website had the properties but doesn't have their
possible/legal values]

[1] http://www.jpox.org/servlet/forum/viewthread?thread=4188

regards,
Judes