openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin for OpenJPA
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:44:48 GMT

Hi,
> I've noticed that OpenEJB has a separate project for the OpenEJB Eclipse
> Plugin.
> Maybe we should consider following the same path?
If you are saying we should make this stuff part of openjpa officially
(meaning some new openjpa-eclipse module) then I have some concerns.
I am not conversant with the complexity of build process and dependencies in
automating maven builds for such plugin -- but my assumption is it is going
to be non-trivial. Also it will bring dependencies with other (jdt) eclipse
plugins that may be evolving faster than our current dependencies such as
Apache Commons libraries.

Hence, my preference is to consider a separate project altogether. Such
project will have more independence to reach a skill set focused towards
Eclipse plugin development and IDE usability aspects.

Regards --