openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with FetchAttribute recursionDepth
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:42:36 GMT

Hi,
  1.2.x stream contains certain changes that attempt to cache the target SQL
for reuse. In the process of capturing this target SQL, this change modified
certain critical pathways where OpenJPA builds the Select query -- which
depends upon the fetch plan and can get quite complicated as in your case.
Several previous reported issues have been tracked to these changes.

  Caching of target SQL for reuse has since been redesigned in 2.0.x stream
and currently only available in the trunk. Trial performance experimentation
had so far shown positive results especially if the queries are complex
(involves multiple joins, for example) and frequently executed across
different EntityManagers.

  We are interested to know from the developers/users about relative
performance characteristics of this new SQL cache and also any regression it
may have caused. The cache is currently active by default so that whoever is
using trunk version and executing same JPQL query or NamedQuery more than
once is helping to test it :)

 To estimate performance differential, the cache can be switched off with
 <property name="openjpa.jdbc.QuerySQLCache" value="false"/>

Regards --

Pinaki

I did observe this error in 1.2.0.