openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using UserTransaction problem
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:45:20 GMT
Hi,
If you are using UserTransaction, does your SLSB use bean managed
transactions?  In EJB 3.0, container managed transactions are the default,
so TX configuration is very easy to overlook.  Depending on the app server,
using UserTransaction within a container managed tx bean will likely have
ill effects.  If you are certain that transactions are bean managed, are
there any places where you may be starting a global TX but not completing it
 (in a web module, perhaps)?  There are many other possibilities as well,
but I'd start with these.  If everything looks good, please send more
details - such as the app server you are using, OpenJPA version, and more
details about your app - and if possible, test code.

-Jeremy