openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Entitymanager lookup using JNDI on webshpere
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:21:01 GMT
Devu213,
Besides Jeremy's references below, I want to be aware of WebSphere's support
of OpenJPA.  I started to cover this the WebSphere and Java Persistence blog
[1], but to cover your specific situation...  You are correct that the
version shipped with the WebSphere EJB3 Feature Pack was OpenJPA 1.0.  But,
we have created a service stream for this release in OpenJPA (1.0.x).  If
any problems are discovered in the 1.0 release, then we can fix them in
OpenJPA 1.0.x.  This updated version of OpenJPA will then get picked up for
WebSphere iFixes and FixPacks.  So, you are not "stuck" with OpenJPA 1.0.
It will get updated just like the rest of your WebSphere offering as
additional FixPacks are applied.

WebSphere v7 shipped a version of 1.2 OpenJPA.  This version will get
supported via the 1.2.x branch of OpenJPA.  You could follow Jeremy's
references below to use this newer version of OpenJPA with the EJB3 Feature
Pack, but then you no longer have access to the WebSphere extensions that
sit on top of the OpenJPA binaries.  It is an option though.

Good luck,
Kevin

[1]
http://webspherepersistence.blogspot.com/2008/09/support-for-openjpa.html