openjpa-users mailing list archives

From is_maximum <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do you manage db exceptions?
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:08:15 GMT

Hi
It is a long time since my last post and I was really busy.
Now after things getting back to its normal way we face the same problem.
Unfortunately I was unable to find a way to catch the SQLException, because
OpenJPA throws a PersistenceException which is not an EJB exeption
(javax.persistence....) it's from org.apache..... so if I want to explore
the exception and all its causes to find a SQLException and then search for
a "Unique Constraint" string this will be very messy solution

I am thinking of a listener or something to figure out the exception. can
anyone help me?

the solution Judes has suggested does not work because we are not using
Spring.

thanks alot