openjpa-users mailing list archives

From tightrope <rou...@thingsprime.com>
Subject Generated primary key values are available in the PostPersist method ?
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:27:55 GMT

Help. This should be easy

The subject header for this post contains a quote from the JPA spec., but I
don't get ids (created using @GeneratedValue annotation on id field) until
commit time.

I thought maybe it was to do with the runtime enhancement, so I switched to
build-time. No change. I also tried different databases - Derby, Mysql,
Postgres. No luck.

This seems a basic issue. Can anyone help demystify? Confirm that they get
generated ids before commit, tell me what I'm misunderstanding, etc?

Thanks.