openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to set custom tablespace?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:36:53 GMT
Caveat : I'm not very familiar with Oracle so I might be way offbase.

How would one use a tablespace with "vanilla" JDBC?. I imagine one would
specify it on the connectionURL or as a property when the connection was
obtained. Once we obtain the connection Oracle would then enforce the
tablespace properties when we interact with the database.

If it's something that can be specified on the ConnectionURL then you'd just
need to add the appropriate argument to openjpa.ConnectionURL (or to the
datasource). If it's something that needs to be specified when or after a
connection is obtained then I think we'll need to make a change in OpenJPA.

Regards,
-mike