openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Michael" <michael.c.jae...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: dual node URLs (of SolidDB)
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:15:22 GMT
Hi,

just to report one issue that goes in addition to the dictionary was to add key "solid_tf_level"
with value '1' to the properties handed over to the JDBC driver in order to support the fail
over feature of solid.

- Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Kevin Sutter [mailto:kwsutter@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2008 16:09
An: users@openjpa.apache.org
Betreff: Re: dual node URLs (of SolidDB)

Michael,
This is cool.  I have had a hidden desire to pursue support of SolidDB with
OpenJPA, but I just haven't found the time.  This is very good news that
your initial experiences are positive.

What dictionary are using with SolidDB?  It sounds like you might have
created a custom dictionary from your note, but you must have started with
one as a base.  Have you tried running the OpenJPA regression bucket against
your SolidDB dictionary?  Minus the dual url, of course.  I'm just curious
how close we are to having a dictionary for SolidDB that could be used for
our regression runs.  I would assume that the use of SolidDB would speed up
this processing to some extent.

Would you be interested in contributing your custom SolidDB dictionary?  I
hate to beg.  :-)  But, like I said, this has been an interest of mine for
quite some time...

We would need to take a closer look at the proposed patch for
parseProperties().  Off the top of my head, I wonder whether the stop
parsing at the comma was due to a problem reported in the past, or if it was
just thought to be the right thing to do.  We would need to determine
whether this comma-delimited url would be an option, or just allow anything
in the url.  Nothing major, but a few things to check on.

I guess I am not familiar with the message you are referring to with regards
to the wrong package being used.  Can you elaborate?

I had opened a JIRA Issue some time ago for SolidDB (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-735).  We could use this Issue
for any proposed patches, dictionaries, and discussion.

Thanks!
Kevin