openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Jaeger, Michael" <michael.c.jae...@siemens.com>
Subject Re: Starting OpenJPA during container startup
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:44:49 GMT
Hi all,

to come back to this issue which is not quite "container startup" but
sounds related to me: we experience the same problem as described in

http://n2.nabble.com/ArgumentException-td210670.html

like every 1000 queries. The message is like:

<openjpa-1.1.0-r422266:657916 nonfatal user error>...ArgumentException:
An error occurred while parsing the query filter "...". Error message:
The name "..." is not a recognized entity or identifier. Perhaps you
meant NavPoint, which is a close match. Known entity names: [...,...].

However, since most of the calls pass through and we experience this
very seldom, we think that this is not an configuration issue or
similar.

We have applied the quick fix noted by Enrico Goosen a few mails above
which helps and eliminates the problem. However since we use OpenJPA in
an OSGi container and have some dynamic configuration issues going on,
our patch is quite cumbersome. And, for our case it did not help to just
open the entity manager, we have to issue a real query.

I have just searches the issue tracker for any open/closed issues
relating to this problem - with no success. Just asking: is there any
follow-up to this story I might have missed?

our setup is OpenJPA 1.1.0 with SolidDB or MySQL and Java 1.5.0_14 (or
J9 5.0.7) using Equinox 3.3.0.2 as OSGi Container where we got this
problem.

any tips appreciated,

	Michael