openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Boring, Jeff W (N-Viper)" <jeff.w.bor...@lmco.com>
Subject Strange issue with using DataCache
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 23:29:42 GMT
Using OpenJpa v1.0.0

When the following properties exist in the persistence.xml file, entity
set's always have size of zero and test cases fail.

	<property name="openjpa.DataCache"
value="true(CacheSize=5000000, 		SoftReferenceSize=0)" />
	<property name="openjpa.RemoteCommitProvider" value="sjvm"/>

Changing the DataCache property value to false corrects the issue; all
test pass.

I've used the DataCache before in a sample/simple app but now I am
trying to apply it to a production app. I implemented the DataCache fine
but noticed that test cases were failing. I then just turned it off and
everything worked again, but, of course, no cache. I then took out all
new code (except 2 properties above) including the @DataCache
annotations and reran the tests and it still fails when dataCache is set
to true. Passes when set to false.

I then debugged, stepping thru a test and discovered than the sets are
all empty.

Sorry for the long question. Thanks for any help you can give.

Jeff

Jeff W. Boring
Lockheed Martin
Orlando, Fl 32825