openjpa-users mailing list archives

From is_maximum <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject need advice
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 13:16:20 GMT

Hi

we have a DAO class includes save() update() delete() etc. each business
methods in our stateless classes may have a number of CRUD operations and
all occur through that DAO class.

Currently we don't use flush() method for each save() or update() so at the
end of the transaction (business method) everything will be flushed
automatically.

but in some business methods because of their logic we have to put a
for-loop to process maybe more than 500 records. in this case, each loop may
contains a number of CRUD operations. In my opinion, we need to flush every
for example 200 operations have been applied. how to manage this? do you
have any idea? is this opinion correct?

I appreciate if you share your expriences on this with me.