openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Quresh Abazur" <facade...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble inserting parent/child relations.
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:25:44 GMT
Milosz,I really appreciate your link on this. However, I would think that the fact that I have
annotated the Attribute with @JoinColumn, the @ForeigKey annotation would become redundant.
I guess that is not the case as the code works 100% of the time, without erratic behavior.
Also, @ForeignKey is an OpenJPA specific annotation, wasn't the whole point of JPA to standardize
persistence? Quoted from the java docs of:    @JoinColumn, w.r.t. referencedColumnName : (Optional)
The name of the column referened by this foreign key column.Is it just me or does anyone else
think that having to specify @ForeignKey inspite of the @JoinColumn annotation is a bug in
OpenJPA?I would like to mention though, that I tested the same code (albeit had to change
my sequence generation strategy), with SQLServer & MySQL. It works just fine - no failures.
I was almost convinced this was related to Oracle & OpenJPA. Guess I was mistaken.Thanks
Milosz for your help.Quresh. > Quresh,