openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Sandhya Kishore <turagasa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using datasource from tomcat with openjpa
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 18:12:41 GMT
Hi

     Usually this exception "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java:comp is not
bound in this Context" occurs in Tomcat when you have the same jar files in WEB-INF/lib and
Tomcat's Common/lib folder.  This is the problem I faced long back when I was using tomcat
and got resolved as soon as I removed those conflicting jars from my webapp. you can try the
same. Hopefully this will help.

Thanks
Sandhya

--- On Mon, 11/3/08, Håkon Sagehaug <Hakon.Sagehaug@bccs.uib.no> wrote:
From: Håkon Sagehaug <Hakon.Sagehaug@bccs.uib.no>
Subject: Re: Using datasource from tomcat with openjpa
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 9:37 AM

Hi

when I try to do this programmatically like this

Context initCtx = null;
    Context envCtx;
    DataSource ds = null;
    try {
        initCtx = new InitialContext();
        // envCtx = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:/comp/env");
        ds = (DataSource)
initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/workflowdb");
    } catch (NamingException e) {
        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

propMap.put("openjpa.ConnectionFactory", ds);
    propMap.put("openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode",
"managed");
    propMap.put("openjpa.FlushBeforeQueries", "false");

    EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(
        "MyOpenJPa", propMap);

I always  get

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name java:comp is not bound in this