openjpa-users mailing list archives

From holod <serega.shey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can;t map AVG sql field to class
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:59:01 GMT

Pinaki Poddar wrote:

>   So try something like:
>    Query query  = em.createNativeQuery(sb.toString());
>    Object result = query.getSingleResult();
>    InformerRow ir = new InformerRow();
>    ir.s5 = ((Number)result).intValue();

Wow! It works! Great!
So, please can you tell me why this didn't work:

Query query = em.CreateNativeQuery(sb.toString(), InformerRow.class);
InformerRow ir = (InformerRow)query.getsingleResult();

and my InformerRow class:

public class informerRow{

//...
//...
private long s4;
private Number s5;

    public InformerRow(){
        super();
    }

    public InformerRow(Number s5){
        super();
        this.s5 = s5;
    }

    public InformerRow(Number s4){
        super();
        this.s4 = s4;
    }

    //public getters and setters for s5 and s4
}

The same thing for s4 worked fine when query was: "select count(t.someField
from schema.table t where ...)"

I' don't understand why... :(