openjpa-users mailing list archives

From cppexpert <open...@walkmind.com>
Subject Foreign key field doesn't get populated in descendant class in Join Inheritance
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:47:44 GMT

Hi guys.

I have a question about join table inheritance. In few words the problem is
that foreign key field doesn't get set in descendant class in Join
Inheritance.

I have 3 tables: authors, books and electronic_books.

Here is SQL script: http://pastebin.ca/1259927

AuthorsEntity: http://pastebin.ca/1259929
BooksEntity: http://pastebin.ca/1259931
ElectronicBooksEntity: http://pastebin.ca/1259932

In my test case I have one author who has 3 books - 2 regular books and one
electronic.

When I fetch that single instance of AuthorsEntity I see that for some
reason field BooksEntity.author of instance of an object
ElectronicBooksEntity equals null. But remaining 2 instances of base class
BooksEntity have properly set 'author'. Initially I thought ALL fields of
base class won't be set but it turns out ElectronicBooksEntity.id and
ElectronicBooksEntity.title have valid values.

Am I missing something in definition of my descendant class ?

Thanks!!