openjpa-users mailing list archives

From is_maximum <mnr...@gmail.com>
Subject [URGENT] OpenJPA and problem with constraints
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:55:18 GMT

Hello

we have a problem when we create constraints in our database.
first scenario is delete action
in order to delete a record in a table we have to delete its child records
in another table first
so when a business method has been called in the same transaction, I remove
all the child records and then the main record but at the exit point of
method when it's going to commit an exception throws and complains that the
foreign keys constraint don't allow to remove!!!

in another scenario, when we are going to insert a record and its child in
the same transaction, altough before persisting the parent entity we first
persist its children but at the end, again at commit phase, it complains
that the parent key not found!!!!

however, if we remove all these foreign keys constraints from the database
everything will go right.

I don't know if this is a bug or we missed a config issue for OpenJPA.
Please share your experience with me.

thank you very much

OpenJPA 1.2.0
Oracle 9i