openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: L2 Cache in OpenJPA on WebSphere Cluster
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:06:21 GMT
John,
The actual ObjectGrid plugin is going to be available with the
6.1.0.3release of ObjectGrid (Extreme Scale).  The formal, public
documentation is
still being finalized, but should be posted very soon from the ObjectGrid
wiki (
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/objectgridprog/ObjectGrid+6.1+Fix+Pack+3+contents
).

I will also point out that the best performing configuration is with the
EMBEDDED option.  Although the other configuration options may be more
scalable (depending on your requirements), a distributed cache will involve
some overheard due to the RPC calls.  The soon-to-be-released documentation
has all of these options clearly explained.

Until the documentation becomes available, feel free to post additional
questions concerning the ObjectGrid configuration.  Either Sandhya or myself
should be able to help you out.

Thanks,
Kevin