openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: when is longvarchar used?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:31:05 GMT
Hi David,

I'm not sure when longVarChar is used, I didn't see any hits in the code
(other than where the Dictionaries define it).

I can help with your second question. If you want to use TEXT instead of
VARCHAR for all entities in a PersistenceUnit you can add the following
property to persistence.xml :
  <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="postgres(varcharTypeName=TEXT)" />

No need to write your own dictionary (although you could do that if you felt
like it). Nearly every attribute of the DBDictionaries can be overridden in
this way in case there are other things you'd like to change.

We'll have to take a look at the longVarChar issue though, maybe my quick
grep missed where it's used.

hth
-mike