openjpa-users mailing list archives

From sbedoll <bed...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Native Query: Update fails with InvalidStateException
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:37:51 GMT

I am using local transactions and get this error when executing a NativeQuery
(query.executeUpdate)

<openjpa-1.0.1-r420667:592145 nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.InvalidStateException: Cannot perform an
update or delete operation on select query: "Update FPA2.NW_OR_004_14702765
Set Cost=? Where PT_GRID_ID=?".
	at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.executeUpdate(QueryImpl.java:324)
	at
fpa.fw.ds.jpadataadapter.JPADataSourceAdapter.executeNativeUpdate(JPADataSourceAdapter.java:815)

I am using IBM JPA.  Is there something I am missing ?