openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Miłosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Test suite slow on DB2
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:07:13 GMT
Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I did not modify the test configuration except for adding my db2 profile,
so I suppose I am not using a connection pool. I run the test like this:

mvn -f openjpa-persistence-jdbc/pom.xml test -Ptest-custom2,test-db2-milosz

and in ~/.m2/settings.xml I have:

<profile>
  <id>test-db2-milosz</id>
  <properties>
    <test-custom>true</test-custom>
    <openjpa.custom.driverjar1>/alt/jdbc/db2jcc.jar</openjpa.custom.driverjar1>
    <openjpa.custom.driverjar2>/alt/jdbc/db2jcc_license_cu.jar</openjpa.custom.driverjar2>
    <openjpa.custom.driverclass>com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver</openjpa.custom.driverclass>
    <openjpa.custom.url>jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/oj</openjpa.custom.url>
<!-- <openjpa.custom.url>jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/oj:traceDirectory=/tmp/db2log;traceLevel=3;</openjpa.custom.url>
-->
    <openjpa.custom.username>*</openjpa.custom.username>
    <openjpa.custom.password>*</openjpa.custom.password>
</properties>

As for reusing/creating the tables I am not sure. I think I rely on the default behviour.
Is there an option for that?

I have recently uncommented the commented line above in settings.xml and run a single test
(TestQueryPagination). This immediately produced almost 80 files in diagnostic directory and
if I understand them correctly, this corresponds to almost 80 connections. This suggests me
that I should try a connection pool.

Regards,
Milosz