openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Column Mapping with PostgreSQL 8.3 ?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:13:39 GMT
As you have discovered, not at the moment.  When this support was first put
in, we knew that DB2, Oracle, and SQLServer all contained the XML column
support.  If you are interested in PostgreSQL support, I would first suggest
opening a JIRA feature issue.  And, better yet, maybe volunteer to do the
implementation?  The OpenJPA project relies on experts from various fields
and products, so if you have some intimate knowledge of the PostgreSQL
support of XML column types, it would help the cause.

Thanks,
Kevin