openjpa-users mailing list archives

From egoosen <egoos...@metropolitan.co.za>
Subject Cache Problem
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:39:39 GMT

I'm experiencing a cache problem with the current version of OpenJPA (1.2.0),
and previous versions.
I've setup the cache as follows in persistence.xml:
<property name="openjpa.DataCache"
				value="true(CacheSize=25000, SoftReferenceSize=0)" />
<property name="openjpa.QueryCache"
				value="CacheSize=5000, SoftReferenceSize=100" />
<property name="openjpa.RemoteCommitProvider" value="sjvm"/>

We're using Spring JpaDaoSupport.
The org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalEntityManagerFactoryBean is Spring
loaded.

The problem is that my query is returning stale data after an update/insert.
The update/insert is happening in a separate transaction from the select.

I've tried calling em.refresh(entity), but that didn't work.

Any ideas how I can fix this besides turning cacheing off completely?