openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Georgi Naplatanov <go...@oles.biz>
Subject Re: sql ordering
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:31:29 GMT
Hello, Reece.

I switched on OpenJPA logging and in some situations OpenJPA try to
insert 2 rows with the same values of constraint's fields which violates
unique constraint.
It occurs only  when query's data cache is enabled (it is enabled by
default).

Is your problem stopping raise when you switch off query data cache ?

At this time i can not isolate the problem and i can not prepare a test
case which will reproduce this problem. It is the reason to not open an
issue report.

Reece Garrett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You may want to look at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-235. I was having
problems with OpenJPA violating foreign key constraints because of the order SQL statements
ran. Later I found, as have you, that unique constraints are also violated. Foreign keys now
seem to be working but unique constraints are still a problem. At one point I was conversing
with Markus Fuchs about the problem but we both got busy and nothing got done. My JIRA was
closed with instructions that other cases which need addressing should be placed in a separate
JIRA. So you should open a new JIRA and link it to OPENJPA-235.