openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Ruff ...@marcelruff.info>
Subject UnsupportedOperationException: Not supported by BasicDataSource
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:00:37 GMT

> Unfortunately it uses openJPA 1.0.1 (my openJPA beans were developed
> with 1.1 - is it compatible?)
>
> But i can't get it to run as i get this exception:
>
> "There were errors initializing your configuration:
> <openjpa-1.0.1-r420667:592145 fatal store error>
> org.apache.openjpa.util.StoreException:
> Not supported by BasicDataSource"
>
> The stack trace has no other information but ends too early.
The identical code works fine when is run outside the JTA container
(transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL")
but fails if set to "JTA". This is a strange behaviour.

Here is part of the persistence.xml:

<properties>
            <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"
value="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/fwgwdb" />
value="org.postgresql.Driver" />
            <property name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="YYYY" />
            <property name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="XXX" />
            <property name="openjpa.TransactionMode" value="managed" />
            <property name="openjpa.ManagedRuntime"

value="jndi(TransactionManagerName=java:/TransactionManager)" />
            <property name="openjpa.Log"
value="DefaultLevel=TRACE,SQL=TRACE" />
            <property name="openjpa.RetryClassRegistration" value="true" />
            <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.PostgresDictionary(SupportsDeferredConstraints=false)"/>
             <!--  "postgres" -->
        </properties>

What can i do?

Thanks