openjpa-users mailing list archives

From holod <serega.shey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enterprise JavaBeans - HowTo: construct Composite key using other composite key?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:52:49 GMT

I didn't see attached archive the first time, I 've visited the link.
Now, I see it. It seems to me better to include example when Composite key
class uses other composite key as parameter.
Also I've explored such thing:
Entity Class A has Composite key A.PK
A.PK has fields: int, int.

Entity Class B has Composite key B.PK
B.PK has fields: int, A.PK

Entity Class C has Composite key C.PK
C.PK has fields: int, B.PK.

Entites A and B will be properly presented in DB tables.

But Entity C has Composite key (C.PK), based on other composite key (B.PK),
which is also based on composite key (A.PK).
Entity C will not be presented. I don't know why. Maybe I make some
mistakes, maybe the reason is other.
Entity A will have 2 key fields (int, int)
Entity B will have 3 key fields (approximate limit) (int,int form A.PK and
own int)
Entity C will have 5 key fields (int,int from A.PK, int,int from B.PK and
own int)

Databases works badly when table has more than 3 key fields.