openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Madhu Kalaimalai <mba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA - two-sided relation between objects Issue
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:28:46 GMT

Hi Craig

Thanks for the reply.

The way the old code works is first persist the address and then get the id
of the address, create the phone object and set the adress id as the fk ie
setAddrId which is mapped to the ADDR_FK_ID of the PHONE table as below
Address address =  new Address();
address.setAddrTypeId(67548);
address.setCountry("USA");
em.persist(address);
em.flush();
Phone newPhone = new Phone();
newPhone.setTelphoneNum("99999");
newPhone.setIntlPhoneInd("Y");
newPhone.setPhoneTypeId(65093);
newPhone.setPrimaryNumInd("Y");
newPhone.setAddressId(address.getAddrId());
em.persist(newPhone);

The existing code is huge, we don't want to refactor.

In the new case, we are not doing any mapping of the addressId and using the
Address object to map
to addressId. Your point of getAddressId getting the reference of Address is
good.

How do we make the above code work with the new mapping  ie how do we make
the setAddresId impl to work for the new mapping ?

If needed i can send the sample code.

Rgds
Madhu