openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Madhu Kalaimalai <mba...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: OpenJPA - two-sided relation between objects Issue
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:35:03 GMT

Hi Pinaki

The id is generated through the oracle sequence, so the id is not know till
the SQLs are generated.

The problem being having the addrId and Address having mapped to the one
column ADDR_FK_ID of the Phone table as we wanted the old way of using the
AddrId and new way of Address to work.

When i do the one direction from Address to Phone, it says we are trying to
set two different values to same object. For this case for the AddrId column
mapping it sets null and for the Address mapping it sets the Address primary
key.

When I do the bidirectional mapping, the insert statements to Phone has
addrId columns twice one for the AddrId and other for Address. It says the
duplicate column in the insert statement.

I am looking at the possibility of POJOs supporting the old and new way of
persistence.

Hope you got what i am trying to explain.

Rgds
Madhu