openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Beyer,Nathan" <NBE...@CERNER.COM>
Subject javaagent scanDevPath=false with tomcat
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 21:19:03 GMT
I'm trying to get Tomcat 6.0.x running with the OpenJPA enhancement agent, but I need to shutoff
the scanning for a class or at least delay it until the web application starts up. Here's
what I've added to the launch of Tomcat's Bootstrap.

-javaagent:C:\opt\apache-openjpa-1.1.0\openjpa-1.1.0.jar=scanDevPath=false

However, this blows up the meta data factory failure because it can't find a persistence.xml,
which I'm trying to stop.

Caused by: <openjpa-1.1.0-r422266:657916 fatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.util.MetaDataException:
MetaDataFactory could not be configured (conf.newMetaDataFactoryInstance() returned null).
This might mean that no configuration properties were found. Ensure that you have a META-INF/persistence.xml
file, that it is available in your classpath, or that the properties file you are using for
configuration is available. If you are using Ant, please see the <properties> or <propertiesFile>
attributes of the task's nested <config> element. This can also occur if your OpenJPA
distribution jars are corrupt, or if your security policy is overly strict.

Am I passing the property in incorrectly? Is there another way to disable the scanning?

BTW - Windows Vista, Sun JDK 6u7, OpenJPA 1.1.0

Thanks
-Nathan