openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Georg Raffer" <raf...@gmx.at>
Subject Dirty checking Performance issue
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:33:43 GMT
Hi guys,

Are there any limitations concerning the persistence cache in OpenJPA? I'm having an application
that loads several thousand entities and then adds some using em.persist(newEntity);

The problem is that persists takes extremly long (up to serveral seconds per entity on a server
machine)!
The profiler shows me that the persist method stays very long in the dirty checking:

90,8% - 1.266 s - 31 inv. org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ManagedCache.dirtyCheck

Flushing or evicting entities from the session is not possible in this application.
Can anyone help with this issue?

bye, Georg