openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Frank Le <fran...@gmail.com>
Subject Under what circumstances a table/row is locked exclusively if Optimistic=true & LockManager=version?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 01:20:26 GMT

Hi,

I'm running into table lock contention: 2 sessions are blocking waiting for
a blocked session (both an insert and a delete statement waiting on a select
statement!). This doesn't make any sense to me, therefore, without even
understand my application, can someone please tell me under what
circumstances a table/row is locked exclusively if Optimistic=true &
LockManager=version? A few facts:
1) My app doesn't acquire any lock explicitly through JPA or native queries
"select ... for update", "lock table ...", etc.
2) I'm sure my app causes this contention.
3) It seems the table is lock in exclusive mode i.e. can only query,
however, I can't verify this.

OpenJPA 1.0.0
Oracle 10g R2
Oracle JDBC 10.1.0.3