openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clustering & ID TableGenerator (OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE)
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 02:23:59 GMT

Are you referring to clustering of databases or clustering of JVM/AppServers?
If it is the former, openjpa-slice module that let a persistent unit be
connected to multiple databases in the same transaction may be of some
relevance. In slice, we designate one database in the cluster as 'master'
for the purpose of ID generation.