openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Beniamin Mazan ...@mazan.pl>
Subject Re: EAGER vs. LAZY loading - weird behaviour in OpenJPA 1.0.1
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:41:11 GMT

Ignacio Andreu wrote:

> As far as I know, if you use the eager strategy is normal that OpenJPA
> generates queries to load the diferent relations from the database. If you

You're right of course. But OpenJPA generate queries to load object that are
already loaded. For example if loading Product causes loading RequestLog I
expected that OpenJPA has no need to query for Product which is owner of
RequestLog and is loaded to Context. Especially when I use bi-directional
relation.
Am I wrong ?

-----
thanks, Beniamin