openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Able to remove relation with ManyToMany and no cascade.
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 14:34:03 GMT

Hi,

> I have looked up the JSR 220 and did not find any specific mention on this
> scenario. This seems like a
> bug in the implementation. Please let me know if this really is a bug, so
> I can submit a bug report.

JSR-220 Section 3.2.3 "Synchronization to the Database" pp 44 says:
"Bidirectional relationships between managed entities will be persisted
based on references held by the owning side of the relationship"

The scenario you have described can be explained and not attributed as a
limitation of implementation by the above.