openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Hiran Chaudhuri" <hiran.chaudh...@web.de>
Subject Re: How to find cause for PersistenceException?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 06:25:01 GMT
Hi, Pinaki.

Even the full stack trace had no reference to the field that was accessed at
that time.
Unfortunately right now I do not see how to reproduce that stack trace. The
cause is that I played around with many things and finally let Netbeans
generate my entities again, seeing that all CHAR(1) columns now map to
String.

Thank you for your interest. If the problem shows up again I will come back
and post a full stack trace.

Hiran

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pinaki Poddar" <ppoddar@apache.org>
To: <users@openjpa.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: How to find cause for PersistenceException?

Please post the entire stack trace.
PersistenceException often nests the root cause of the error and your
application needs to recurse through those nested exception to pick the root
cause.
In this case, the context where the error has been detected is likely to be
too narrow to provide enough information (whereas in most cases, OpenJPA
exception provides adequate contextual information) -- but having the entire
stack trace will help.