openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Rajeev Jha" <jha.raj...@gmail.com>
Subject Using encrypted connection password in persistence.xml
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 13:26:41 GMT
Hello
we have a requirement of using DES encrypted passwords in openjpa
persistence.xml file. So before we create an actual connection we want
to decrypt the encrypted form. To do that ,

1) I need to read the encrypted password value from persistence.xml
2) supply the decrypted form before creating an EMF or EM

(2) looks easy to do , just proving a map with required name-values ,
however I have not been able to figure out (1) so far.
OpenJPAConfiguration  has getConnectionPassword() method but I believe
OpenJPAConfiguration is not obtainable directly. Any idea on how to do
(1) in openJPA?

Thanks

- rajeev.