openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.org>
Subject maintaining bi-directional relationships
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 15:50:32 GMT
This is a design question really, sorry it's a little OT.

I assume I have responsibility for maintaining parent - child relationships
reflected by the parent.getChildren collection and child.getParent entity at the
point where the change occurs.

Is there a good pattern to implement changes to both the children collection on
the parent and the parent entity on the child?

One approach: setting field-access on the entity mapping, and adding code to the
setters with some sort of mechanism to stop infinite looping.

Thanks in advance
Adam