openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jonas Petersen <>
Subject Re: Synchronizing two databases with the same model
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 09:20:08 GMT
Hi Michael,

thank you for the response! I'm afraid that this won't help much. It's
about notification. If I get notified I still have to synchronize.

Further it "allows a subset of the information available through
OpenJPA's transaction events to be broadcast to remote listeners". And
"...that will be alerted with a list of modified object ids whenever a
transaction on a remote machine successfully commits". So it's tied to a
transaction? What we need is to synchronize a certain state of the db
(or part of it). And that could be the essence of many transactions.

Michael Vorburger schrieb:
> Jonas,
> I wonder if the OpenJPA "Remote and Offline Operation" stuff
> ( may
> allow you to build what you're after...
> Regards,
> Michael