openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: InvalidStateException: Attempt to set column "client.version" to two different values
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 16:04:54 GMT
Hi John,

Does the project require Java 6? I checked out the sources and cd
trunk; ant. It appears that one of the dependencies is compiled with
Java 6.
test-compile:
     [javac] Compiling 29 source files to /Users/clr/spikes/trunk/bin
     [javac] /Users/clr/spikes/trunk/java/src/org/syger/fixtures/
YamlHelper.java:28: cannot access org.parancoe.yaml.Yaml
     [javac] bad class file: /Users/clr/spikes/trunk/extlib/parancoe-
yaml.jar(org/parancoe/yaml/Yaml.class)
     [javac] class file has wrong version 50.0, should be 49.0
     [javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct
subdirectory of the classpath.
     [javac] import org.parancoe.yaml.Yaml;
     [javac]                          ^
     [javac] 1 error

more below...

On May 10, 2008, at 7:38 AM, John Leach wrote:

> Dear list,
> As part of a (very) small open source project to provide domain entity
> mapping and association examples, together with a programmatic
> interface to
> reach outside the JPA 1.0 specifications, I am struggling with two
> problems
> using OpenJPA.
>
> I had better warn you all that I am a freelance consultant working
> in Italy
> and I use and will be using this work to sell both the advantages and
> disadvantages (but with solutions) of using JPA 1.0. to my clients.
>
> The first showstopper is an InvalidStateException: Attempt to set
> column
> "client.version" to two different values... where the version field
> is being
> updated (this is an optimistic locking field, and has a @Version
> annotation), the SQL query being performed seems to be:
> UPDATE client SET lastUpdated = ?, version = ? WHERE id = ? AND
> version = ?
> [params=(Timestamp) 2008-05-10 15:58:16.593, (int) 3, (long) 3,
> (int) 2]

This SQL seems correct. It's updating the lastUpdated and version
columns and verifying that the version is correct. Where does this
error occur?

Craig