openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: License of enhanced or transformed code
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:39:10 GMT
Hi Nathan,

What OpenJPA does to the .class file is similar to what the compiler
does to your .java file. It takes directives from the .class file and
metadata file(s) and creates a new .class file combining "your" .class
file with "your" metadata file(s). OpenJPA does not add any OpenJPA
Intellectual Property in the process.

So if you owned the IP to your .class file and your metadata file(s),
then you still own all of the IP to the result of enhancement. OpenJPA
and/or Apache have no IP interest in the result.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!