openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get I get to the read JDBC Connection object...
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 15:50:18 GMT
Or, even more simply:

em.getTransaction().begin();
Connection c = OpenJPAPersistence.cast(em).getConnection();
try {
} finally {
    c.close(); // the connection is a wrapper; this decrements the
reference count
}
em.getTransaction().commit();

Additionally, note that OpenJPA 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT has support for fields
of type InputStream; with this support, OpenJPA will never fully load
the data into memory.

-Patrick