openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander MacLennan" <alex.maclen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Slow JPA
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 03:50:44 GMT
Hi,

Its taking quite a long time in my code to store 3d model graphs to a
postgresql 8.3 backed db

I am generating large data sets.. so I would expect it not to be super-quick

The data is being loaded in a loop, for each 3d model.. generate features
and store both the features and the model

At the end of each loop iteration I persist the objects.. is there a smarter
way of doing it so the commit speeds up?

I have a Q9450, lots of memory and the db is sitting on a pair of (mirrored)
76GB WD Raptors ( there goes my scholarship money ).

I'm using java6

cheers

Alex